Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Life is like a Capsule Station

Ya never whatcha gonna get.

DSC09350


I went out a few days ago to pick up some tiny toys I can display in the office. My workstation still looks boring and I've been working there for more than a year now.

DSC09352

These two are Boooya Ghosts. They are similar to the ones I posted before.

DSC09353

You are lucky if you get the rare ones, or the mystery or "chase" figures.

DSC09357

Was really glad I didn't pull the same figure.

DSC09358

On to the gashapon. I've always noticed the machines in my local otaku store. The Toys R Us branch in a mall near my place has about at least 50 machines lined up before you get to their entrance. So I thought I would pick up two designer vinyl toys, and maybe one gashapon. My first was Naruto.

DSC09360

Leaflet showing the line-up. I really want to get Nagato, aka "Pain". I went back to the store (forgot when), dropped tokens in the same machine, and out came Naruto again. I tried the other Naruto machine and I got this venus fly-trap Akatsuki dude.

DSC09361

A few days later I tried the machines outside Toys R Us. Got really excited because they have a Haruhi machine. Unfortunately, I got two Kyons.

DSC09362

My first Naruto is in the office now, guarding my workstation with Edward Elric, the one I bought with the SD 0 Gundam. My friend agreed to buy the duplicates.

DSC09363

These tiny little buggers are meant to be keychains I think. So I just unscrew the hook from their heads, then stick their feet to blue tac so they can stand properly.

DSC09368

Took the pics above last weekend, just wasn't able to post them right away. Then today I got two more. Yay for Haruhi bunny!

DSC09369

One guy from the vinyl toy store told me before that part of collecting these blind boxed toys is the thrill of hunting, the part of not knowing what you're about to get when you pick up a box. With capsule toys, you don't know which toy will come out from the machine. I think it kinda feels like gambling. It's really fun, but it drains your wallet too. It really was surprising when I saw some of the Otaku rooms posted in Danny Choo. Some rooms are literally crawling with trading figures from floor to ceiling.

And yea, I'm not yet done with Blue Destiny and SD 0. Can't get some spare time to paint them in the morning. And I'm still waiting for MG Victory to arrive here. I also found out that GSC will release a new Nendoroid Petite set of Death Note. Now that is something I would like to get my hands on =)




No comments: